New eID call funded by the European Commission promoting cross-border authentication
March 16th, 2020.
As we have previously informed, the first 2020 Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom calls are open to apply. Under the eID call of this program, public institutions and IT companies can receive EU funding to connect their online services to its national eIDAS node, allowing European citizens to securely identify themselves on the offered e-services.
The 2020 CEF eIdentification call will provide a total amount of €2.5 million to fund those competitive consortiums approved by the evaluation committee. The main aim of the funded projects is to address the cross-border authentication of eIDs by integrating the eID DSI (Digital Service Infrastructures) in existing e-services/systems/online platforms of public or private entities.
LMT Group has extensive expertise confirmed by our 14 CEF projects, approved and funded by the European Commission. We promote consortiums composed by relevant public and private entities, coordinated by us and by a Spanish public university. For instance, you can consult the following 5 eID projects promoted by LMT, providing funding for nearly 30 public and private entities from different Member States (https://lmtgroup.eu/projects):
- eID4Spain-19: Connecting Public Administrations to the Spanish eIDAS Node (2019-ES-IA-0040).
- EUROLogin: Cross-border authentication in European cloud platforms according to the eIDAS Regulation (2018-EU-IA-0026).
- eID4Spain: Connecting Regional and Local Administrations to the Spanish eIDAS node (2018-ES-IA-0039).
- eID@Cloud: Integrating the eIdentification in European cloud platforms according to the eIDAS Regulation (2016-EU-IA-0064).
- Connecting public services to the Spanish eIDAS node (2015-ES-IA-0087).
We are looking for partners to be able to build a strong consortium and to prepare a project proposal that meets INEA’s award criteria.
Proposals for other calls such as eSignature, eDelivery, eArchiving, eHealth and Open Data will also be prepared, so if you think you may be interested, let us know. You can read more about our project proposals for 2020 here.
If you are interested in being part of our consortium and taking part in this eIdentification call, or in any other CEF Telecom call, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to provide more information. Since we intend to have the consortium built by the end of March, we kindly ask you to contact us as soon as possible.
Check out our CEF Telecom 2020 brochures for more information: