LOD-RoadTran18 – Supporting the cross-border use of Road Traffic Data with Linked Open Data based on DATEX II
The LOD-RoadTran18 project aims to support the re-use of dynamic Road Traffic Data in and across two Member States, namely Czech Republic and Spain. This Action will make the European Data Portal findable, accesible, interoperable, reusable, and will connect it with any other sector data by using Linked Open Data (LOD).
This project will improve the basic access service to open traffic data through the LOD enhanced Traffic Information System (TIS), according to the ITS Directive (2010/40/EU). The Action will help with viewing and downloading data, but will also improve the extraction of meaning from it, allowing other types of services which can be only achieved with the use of LOD. On the other hand, this project will propose an applicable EU-wide evaluation and monitoring framework for assessing the impact of the re-use of data. It will also offer a toolkit for National Access Points in other Member States aimed to the use of an specific common metadata model. This project is under evaluation through the European Commission Public Open Data call from the 2018 CEF Telecom Call – Public Open Data (CEF-TC-2018-5).
- Official website: http://irtic.uv.es/lodroadtran18
- INEA Action website: https://ec.europa.eu/inea/en/connecting-europe-facility/cef-telecom/2018-eu-ia-0088
- Start date: 01/09/2019
- Conclusion date: 30/09/2022
- Grant: 760,931 EUR
- Agreement number: INEA/CEF/ICT/A2018/1803421
- Action number: 2018-EU-IA-0088
- IRTIC (Universitat de València), Spain – Coordinating Institution
- Leading Management Technology S.L., Spain
- Rocha Business Solutions S.L., Spain
- Jefatura Central de Tráfico. Ministerio de Interior, Spain
- Desidedatum Data Company, S.L., Spain
- TamTam Research, Czech Republic
- Estudios de Software Avanzado y Mantenimiento de Tecnología, S.L., Spain
- Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- České Vysoké Učení Technické v Praze, Czech Republic
The content of this publication are the sole responsibility of LMT Group and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union.